This project was one I came up with for my very last story time as a children’s librarian. I absolutely loved that job, but I am equally excited to be returning to teaching at a small independent school in a flex teacher role, where I’ll have lots of opportunities to teach art. As usual, I recycle my ideas and do them with my daughter when we are in need of an art project! Want to make one too?
What you’ll need:
- Googly Eyes
- Glue pen
- Stickers (we used dot color coding stickers)
- Paper Punch
- Paper towel tube
- Other options for embellishing: markers, dot markers, crayons, etc.
Here is the dinosaur template: PDF SVG You can cut it out with scissors or a CAMEO like I have.
- Cut the dinosaur out of cardstock. Use the paper punch to make circles of cardstock to glue on. Cut the paper towel tube into short sections for the legs.
- Decorate your dinosaur! Glue, sticker & embellish to your heart’s content.
- Add small 1/4″ slits to the top edge of the tube legs (two slits per leg) and slide the dinosaur body into them so that it will stand up!
If you’re looking for a little dinosaur reading like I did at story time, these two books are great picks!